Enable transparancy, ease and understanding
ITAMOrg IT Asset Management Certification
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation Certification gives participants a basic understanding of the importance of IT Asset Management, how the different areas relate to other functions and departments.
FAQ About the ITAMOrg exam
Large scale organizations employ hundreds of thousands of individuals. At this scale,
the technology base required to ensure smooth business operations (including computers, mobile
devices, operating systems, applications, data, and network resources is massive. To effectively
manage, use, and secure each of those assets, you need to know their locations and functions. An be aware of their vulnerably to the latest possible threat the pose to an organization.
Computer security professionals are challenged by the vast diversity of hardware and software they attempt to track, and by a lack of centralized control. (A large services organization can include subsidiaries, branches, third-party partners, contractors, as well as temporary workers and guests).
This complexity makes it difficult to assess vulnerabilities or to respond quickly to threats, and to accurately assess risk in the first place (by pinpointing the most business essential assets).
Solving the problem
Applying ITAMOrg Certification will provide professionals and organisation with best practice knowledge how to enable execute IT Asset Management.
This will enable:
- Enable better understanding of the alignment and integrations between IT Service Management processes and IT Asset Management and how it can be beneficial for the organisation e.g. optimized control with Configuration Management system (CMS) through Request Fulfillment and Change Management
- enables faster responses to security alerts by revealing the location, configuration, and owner of a device
- Improved audit performance, with a reduction in, or the elimination, of adverse findings
- increases cybersecurity resilience: you can focus attention on the most valuable assets
- provides detailed system information to auditors
- determines how many software licenses are actually used in relation to how many have been paid for
- optimize the internal use of software and licenses by identifying the actual operational use of licenses
- reduces help desk response times: staff will know what is installed and the latest pertinent errors and alerts
- reduces the attack surface of each device by ensuring that software is correctly patched
This ITAM Foundation (ITAMF) certification provides an introduction to IT Asset Management and is aimed at anyone working in the field of IT Asset Management. From IT administrators with an operational focus to the CFO with a budgetary responsibility.
An ITAMOrg – ITAM Foundation certified professional understands all the concepts and purposes of ITAM and how ITAM can benefit their organization.
Furthermore, certified professional will master an understanding of the licensing complexities related to IT operations in terms of software and hardware updates and acquisitions.
A main focus of this certification is to expand upon the workflow and define the key roles within the ITAM disciplines across financial, contractual, inventory departments as well as highlighting the cultural change that could ensue for end-users in an IT environment.
The ITAM Foundation Certification is related to IT Service Management best practices (ITIL) and the ISO ITAM standard ISO 19770, introducing participants to the ITAM work frame in terms of IT governance and optimization of the IT Assets from procurement through to disposal.
ITAM involves several functions and departments in your organization, from budget managers, procurement and finance to IT service, IT operations and IT security.
The ITAM Foundation certification is designed for all key personnel in these functions. We recommend that the course is attended by several employees from these areas in order to enable a successful and coherent ITAM focus throughout your enterprise, as well as individuals can also benefit from this foundation course.
Time (minutes) for the exam:
% minimal passing grade
English. See http://www.vhls.global for other available languages.
Type of questions:
Yes. Candidates are advised to read the questions carefully.
Are there also negative questions included in the exam?
(for example: “which of the following is NOT a principle in the Manifesto”)
Yes. Candidates are strongly advised to read the questions carefully.
Special abilities and regulations for people with disabilities on non-native English.
- Attempting the certification exam is a sure way of consolidating the participants’ ITAN knowledge and to make sure the learning gaps are effectively addressed.
- Certification is the only way to ascertain the participants understood the concepts and ready to embark on implementation work. Otherwise, there is no quantifiable way to measure their effectiveness knowledge transfer.
- Certification is an indication that the participants attained proficiency in IT Asset Management and acknowledged by an independent international body
- From an educational piont of view, it is a big morale booster and motivates participants to engage confidently in real-life implementation and collaborative in the project environment.
About the ITAMOrg Certifications
ITAMOrg is a fast-growing global membership organization of IT Asset Management Professionals. With the mission to develop and strengthen the awareness & competencies in IT Asset Management best practices, ITAMOrg offers certified ITAM education.
Jesper Østergaard, Chairman at ITAMOrg
Why get certified
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT (ITAM) forms an vital element in a business strategy enabling cost control, risk reduction, more secure operations and improved business value in the IT asset lifecycle, including all aspects of hardware and software.
ITAMOrg is a professional member organisation which on an independent basis wants to promote good IT Asset Management.
Join the conference
ITAMOrg hosts or co-hosts an annual international conference. The location, theme and organization co-hosting the conference varies from year to year.
ISO 19770 and ITIL® based
The importance of getting in control of your IT Assets has never been bigger than now!
Prepare for the certification
Giving you the knowledge to perform
Download the Syllabus
+ Do training
+ Buy the Book
+ Download the syllabus
Get the literature
+ Do training /e-learning
+ Study the litrature
Do the Demo & Practise exam
Do the demo exam to have a feeling about the certification. Before hand do the practise exam.
Go for the exam
Once you are ready, go and do the exam and get certified!