Privacy statement Van Haren Learning Solutions B.V.
Privacy statement Van Haren Learning Solutions B.V.
Last amended: 17 February 2022
1. Contact details
Van Haren Learning Solutions B.V. (KvK-registration number: 68519273) is located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch at Emmaplein 4 (5211VW).
VAT Nr: NL857480315B01
phone: +31 7373 70 224
This privacy statement applies to all our services.
3. Who are we?
We are Van Haren Learning Solutions. We aim on helping organizations in achieving their goals by sharing our best practice ecosystem. This includes things in our ecosystem such as certification, accreditation, examination and an extensive network with and through our partners.
We are continuously looking to innovate and exchange knowledge within IT & IT Management, Enterprise Architecture, Business Management and Project Management.
When we offer services to you, we may process any data provided by you. Van Haren Learning Solutions is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement. Van Haren Learning Solutions processes your personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Van Haren Publishing attaches great importance to the protection of privacy of its subscribers, customers, and visitors to its website(s). We therefore treat and secure the personal data with the utmost care possible.
Below, we explain which data we process and how it will be used. We also let you know what your rights are, who has access to the data, and how long we will keep your data.
4. How do we collect personal data?
Van Haren Learning Solutions and third party service providers may collect personal data from the following sources:
- Direct interactions, such as when you register for our services;
- Third-party data, such as information provided by third parties or other information you may have disclosed;
- Automated tracking technologies, such as cookies.
5. Personal data that we process
Van Haren Learning Solutions processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide it to us yourself.
Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- Name and contact information, such as first and last name, email address, post address and phone number;
- Work-related information, such as job title or education information;
- Account information, such as passwords and other security information for authentication and access to your account on our website. Your password is stored and encrypted, so we will not be able to retrieve it;
- Financial information, such as bank account numbers, credit and debit card numbers for payment processing;
- Usage Information, such as behavioral information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use most often and information about the goods and/or services you wish to order, wish list, preferences, interests, etc. Other information you share through our website and online store;
- Computer-, device-, and connection information, such as IP address, browser type-, version- and location;
- All exams taken and all exam results.
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data on website visitors who are under 16 years of age. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16. We therefore recommend that parents be involved in their children’s online activities, in order to prevent the collection of data about children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data on a minor without that permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete this information.
6. For what purpose and on which basis do we process personal data?
Van Haren Learning Solutions uses your personal data for the purposes for which you have provided it. In other cases, we will only use it for legal or other legitimate purposes. Lawfulness of processing is one of the most important principles regarding the processing of your personal data. In this context, we apply the following legal processing grounds Article 6 (1) GDPR:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (sub a);
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (sub b);
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject (sub c);
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child (sub f).
Depending on what type of service we provide to you, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing our relationship between you and Van Haren Learning Solutions, such as providing and managing your access to and use of our services. Also think of invoicing, delivering products or services or returning products. This processing is necessary in order to perform a contract;
- Improving our services and developing new products. In this context, we may invite you to participate in surveys or personalize your customer experience. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Marketing and other commercial activities, such as providing newsletters and/or advertisements. This processing is done with your consent or as part of our legitimate interests;
- Other general business support purposes. This processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us or otherwise permitted by applicable data protection law or for our legitimate interests;
7. Automated decision-making
Van Haren Learning Solutions takes exams that are automatically graded such as multiple-choice exams or similar forms of testing. Depending on the exam result, a certificate is automatically issued to the exam candidate. This form of automated decision-making is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between the data subject and Van Haren Learning Solutions within the meaning of Article 22(2)(a) GDPR. In other cases, automated decision-making takes place with the explicit consent of the exam candidate within the meaning of Article 22(2)(c) GDPR.
8. How long we keep personal data
Van Haren Learning Solutions will retain your personal data for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is collected. When we no longer need your personal data, we will take all reasonable steps to delete and record it from our systems or to anonymize it appropriately so that you can no longer be identified.
9. Sharing personal data with third parties
Van Haren Learning Solutions does not sell your data to third parties. With companies that process your data on our behalf, we conclude a processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Van Haren Learning Solutions remains responsible for these processes.
Parties with whom we may share personal data, for the purposes of our services, include:
- Van Haren Publishing B.V. in its capacity as an associated enterprise of Van Haren Learning Solutions, for example to support the services we provide;
- our service providers to manage or host services and/or support technology for the services we provide, such as payment partners, delivery partners, management book, IT suppliers, marketing agencies, legal partners and accountants;
- The following certification providers:
- CAST CM®
- Certified Bio Professional (CBP)
- Pragmatic Learning
- NL AIC
- Agile Consortium
- Masters of Growth
- governments and regulators, as required by applicable law.
- other processors we engage to assist us;
- other third parties, after written consent from you.
When we share personal data internally or with third parties in other countries, we have the necessary safeguards in place in accordance with the GDPR.
- Necessary Cookies – these mandatory cookies are required for our websites to function properly;
- Functional Cookies – these Cookies add additional functionality to our websites;
- Performance Cookies – these Cookies support analytical services that help us improve the functionality and user experience of our website;
- Interest Cookies – these Cookies may be applied to collect insights to gather personalized content and advertising on our and other websites.
11. Your rights
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your possible consent for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Van Haren Learning Solutions and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can request us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization named by you.
You can send a request for inspection, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or a request to withdraw your permission or to object to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To make sure that the request for inspection was made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. Make in this copy your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
Van Haren Learning Solutions would also like to inform you that you have the possibility to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. You can do so via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
12. How we protect personal data
Van Haren Learning Solutions takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.